... inspired by this post, I thought I would share a bit more about me!
- I am Fay, no middle name and no ‘e’ at the end
- Wife to Steve who works in Renewable Energy (wind and solar) at 3m. We have been married for 10 years, but have been together for 20. We met on our industrial placement from University at IBM in Basingstoke in 1991.
- Mother to Lily, nearly 9 and Mia 7. I love having 2 girls (can’t comment on boys) but they do test my parenting skills to extreme.
- I lost my mum when Lily was two weeks old and I miss her terribly. Even now I struggle to come to terms with it.
- I grew up in Torquay and went to University in Bristol studying Business Studies. With hindsight I would have chosen a far more creative route.
- Before the girls I worked mainly in Telecoms Customer Service/Order Management/Project Management, first for Mercury Communications in Birmingham. Later I went back there when they become Cable & Wireless and was made redundant in 2002. Then I worked for Vodafone for a short time before becoming pregnant with Lily.
- Now I work for easyfundraising on an ad hoc basis after resigning my permanent position in July.
- I chair the Infant School’s PTA which brings me great satisfaction and stress in equal measures!
- Not surprisingly I love making things – I can sew, crochet, cook, bake and paint.
- I love giving gifts and the wrapping paper is as important. I used to change the Christmas tree decorations every year and co-ordinate my wrapping paper with it. I now have other things to do with my time!
Saturday, 10 December 2011
Tuesday, 6 December 2011
... this has gone down really well with the girls and we are enjoying having a cosy up at the end of the day with a festive book to read. I've made a little book to write the reviews in from index cards and these great journalling cards.