Friday 24 April 2009

Butterfly Crafts Challenge 10 ...

... was to create a LO about what fashion means to you. Whether it be favourite fashions from a period of time, a favourite designer or maybe even a fashion disaster - whatever you want.

DD2 immediately sprung to mind. At the tender age of 4, I am amazed at how fashion conscious she already is. She likes to have new clothes and always gets herself dressed - I'm terrfied thinking about what she'll be like at 16!!! This LO started with a completely different set of papers, but they just weren't girly enough. These aren't particularly, but I thought the colours went with the picture well.
The journalling block and dressmaker's dummy stamps are from my new (March and April) Unity Stamps KOTM. I'm not a big stamper, but I like the versatility that stamping gives you (especially with my foray in to cardmaking!)

Scarlet Lime April's kit arrived this week - and OMG it's bright and bold. Not at all like last month's kit, it's going to be a real challenge for me. So I thought I'd jump in at the deep end and use the papers that worried me the most first! And I'm actually really pleased with the results.

I struggle with not journalling on a LO, but I also didn't want to upset the asthestics with my scrawly handwriting, so I've written a letter to DD1 on the back.


2 comments:

Laura said...

beautiful LOs, I love them both x

Paige said...

FAB Lo's Fay.
You have matched the perfect photo to the second LO the contrasts in the photo are very bold and they match the bright papers really well. I would have been too scared to use them I think :)