... I have found the most amazing crochet blog - Attic 24. I have referred to this blog several times over the last few days and really need more colour in my life!!!!
I had already stitched the squares together that I has so far for my blanket, but after seeing a tutorial on Lucy's blog for crocheting them together I realised how dissatisfied I was with what I'd done. So I unpicked it and crocheted them back together. The results are much neater.
I've learnt a couple of things so far with making this blanket. Firstly, that I really shouldn't have got carried away with making totally blue squares whilst waiting for the brown wool to arrive, much nicer to have a mixed coloured square - I've got another 8 plain squares to incorporate! Also that I shouldn't have double crocheted a border around each individual square - uses up far to much wool! I'm thinking that I might end up making cushion covers, rather than a blanket.
I've also made my first hat. Quite please with myself as I didn't really follow a pattern to make it, other than for the first few rows to get me going. The flowers are also from a pattern from Attic 24. DD1 is tres pleased and had lots of lovely comments at school today.