Friday 28 January 2011

Laptop bag ...

... I have a laptop for work and although I don't need to take it out of the house very often when I do I have a really awful case for it. So I've been on the lookout for something more stylish and when I saw the Organised Office Bag in The Bag Making Bible, I thought I'd give it a go.

Now this bag is far more advanced than any bag I've made before - it has hardware for a start!!! I'm amazed at how it's turned out. It's not without it's faults -

- for a taller than average person, the strap needs to be longer (I can change that)
- I put the turn lock holes on the front flap too high so it's a bit squeezed at the top when closed
- I'm rubbish at sewing topstitch and around corners!




Inside there's a holder to keep my laptop secure and a few pockets for pens and a phone.



And here it is filled up.


I have to say I'm thrilled with it. BTW the fabric is from Ikea.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Wow that's a great job Fay, lovely fabric too!

Claire said...

It's amazing, looks perfect to me! :)

Paige said...

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!! I love it and it looks amazing!!!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Wow, amazing bag! Certainly served its purpose! Luv laptop bags that doesn't look like a laptop bag, if you know what I mean.