Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Mia's Dress ...

... for a few years I made the girl's a summer dress each, but recently they'd shown less interest in handmade clothes. However, it seems the Sewing Bee programme not only piqued my interest, I was thrilled when they asked me to make them dresses this year.

I had this pattern McCalls M5574 for a while and convinced Mia to have one of the styles, so with fabric choosen I got off to a quick start and was finished in a few hours. It doesn't show up well here, but there's a band between the bodice and skirt which give a nice detail.

I don't think Mia is thrilled with it (I was surprised at her fabric choice, not her usual colours), but it's growing on her. She keeps fussing with the halterneck, so I think I'm going to cross the straps at the back and stitch them down.

I'm now finishing up a maxi dress for her and waiting for Lily's fabric to arrive which seems to be taking ages.


Lesley G said...

So pretty :)

Abi said...

Beautiful! You are very talented. The sewing bee certainly has had me thinking about sewing some more clothes!