With so many new supplies to play with, I thought I should use up some of my last kit and made this little notebook based on one by Maggie Holmes. The covers are laminated and the pages are College Press Journaling cards. I'm going to use it to keep track of all my crafty project ideas.
Sunday, 30 March 2008
No Place Like Home
So I finally managed to do my first LO for this class in between cooking Sunday Roast today! The prompt was to scrap what your definition of home was. I grew up in Torquay, but now live with my own family in Leamington Spa, so I wanted to depict the 'versus' element to my Home Defined. The journaling reads:
- I lived in Torquay from birth until I left for university in 1999. I remember wonderful summers spent on the beach everyday. Torquay is certainly a seaside resort.
- I still think of Torquay as my home, as it’s where most of my family still live. We spend Christmas holidays and any other opportunity we get there.
- I would like to live by the sea again, Torquay would be nice, but anywhere near there will do!
- Steve & I have lived in Leamington Spa/Warwick since 1994. Before that, after graduation, we lived in Birmingham for a year.
- Leamington Spa is special as it’s our family home. It’s where the girls were born, will grow up and go to school.
- We have lived in our current house for 7 years. It’s a detached house with a large garden, only 5 minute walk from school. The house will always mean something to us as Mia made an early appearance and was born in our bedroom!
I normally handwrite my journaling, but it just didn't look right, so I decided to type it up instead - although I think I prefered the LO before I put the journaling on! Used the first of my Scarlet Lime Mar kit - MM 5th Avenue Line a 12x12 DLO.