Wednesday 26 August 2009

Scraplifting and sketches ...

... the latest copy of Creating Keepsakes landed on my doormat this morning and as I was flicking through I spotted a LO that I loved and immediately scraplifted it. Whilst doing the LO it got me thinking as to why I scraplift and use sketches quite often (sketches in particular - only yesterday I used one - see below). I think primarily it's because when I have new stash I can get an instant 'hit' by using these as inspiration, I can complete a LO fairly quickly without having to do the paper shuffling around thing and get quick gratification with my results!


Here's the LO I did inspired by Rita Shimiok using Scarlet Lime - the weather is dreadful here today so not a great photo I'm afraid. DD1 is obssessed the Meerkat advert and loved seeing them at the zoo - so it was a story that need to go into her album! This sketch I spotted on The Scrap Review website and actually comes from Kaisercraft. I got a one off kit from Cocoa Daisy and was playing around with the papers with a photo in mind and thought it would work perfectly.



A close up of the flower that I layered with netting.


I'm off to sunny sunny Majorca on Friday and I can't wait to leave this rubbish UK weather behind!

3 comments:

Emma said...

I LOVE that meerkat LO, great work!!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Luv the title of the meerkat! Gorgeous LOs! I do agree that sketches and scraplifts does solve the problem of creating esp when you have new stash to play with. Enjoy what's left of the hols!

Paige said...

I love using sketches and "lifting" as well I think for that quick non-thinking LO also. I've seen a few in this months ST's that i love and as soon as mojo returns to me I shall make a start on them :) have a wonderful holiday I shall look forward to your holiday LO's on your return :)