Friday, 30 October 2009

Circles ...

... is not something I normally do on my LOs. I'm generally a straight cutter! However the latest sketch on 52 sketches .. 52 weeks called for a circle and I was inspired by May Flaum's LO in the Scarlet Lime gallery where she had made a hem with the reversed side of some pp. This I had a little trouble with! The first hem I made looked too thin and the balance of the LO wasn't right, so I unpicked it and restitched it. You can still see the previous stitch holes and it's a bit messy, but I think the balance is better so I'm willing to live with it!!

This is also for Butterfly Crafts challenge 21 to scrap a life changing moment. I had just given birth 30mins earlier, hence the tired looking photo. I plan to write up DD1s birth story and attach it to the back of the LO.

I'd forgotten to share this LO with you that I did a few weeks ago aftering getting back from my Scarlet Lime retreat. I've used another 52 sketches..52 weeks sketch for it.

3 comments:

Sharyn said...

Beautiful layouts! Love the flower on the road trip layout!

Claire Williams said...

Really love your hem on that first LO, looks great. And another awesome SL LO too x

~~Audrey~~ said...

Some great LOs there! Luv how you hem it on the first LO!