Friday 30 October 2009

Circles ...

... is not something I normally do on my LOs. I'm generally a straight cutter! However the latest sketch on 52 sketches .. 52 weeks called for a circle and I was inspired by May Flaum's LO in the Scarlet Lime gallery where she had made a hem with the reversed side of some pp. This I had a little trouble with! The first hem I made looked too thin and the balance of the LO wasn't right, so I unpicked it and restitched it. You can still see the previous stitch holes and it's a bit messy, but I think the balance is better so I'm willing to live with it!!

This is also for Butterfly Crafts challenge 21 to scrap a life changing moment. I had just given birth 30mins earlier, hence the tired looking photo. I plan to write up DD1s birth story and attach it to the back of the LO.

I'd forgotten to share this LO with you that I did a few weeks ago aftering getting back from my Scarlet Lime retreat. I've used another 52 sketches..52 weeks sketch for it.

3 comments:

Sharyn said...

Beautiful layouts! Love the flower on the road trip layout!

Claire said...

Really love your hem on that first LO, looks great. And another awesome SL LO too x

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Some great LOs there! Luv how you hem it on the first LO!